Saturday, September 4, 2010

So they say beauty is only skin deep

Well, I want that outside to be as beautiful as possible.   I go through periods of having near flawless skin...then my face will suddenly explode and be covered with blackhead, white heads, pimples, and what looks like cystic acne.

Why does this happen?   Hell if I know.  I'm sure it's hormonal though.  There's really no telling with the way my body likes to act.

Well, after being in love with my skin for months (and not changing anything about my routine), I found myself staring at a face that was laden with bumps and hyperpigmentation.   WHA HAPPEN?!

I don 't know why this happened, but I'll be damned if I let this go on.

I eat rather well, so I didn't or won't be changing anything about my diet.  
I do take supplements.  MSM, flax, fish, & borage oil, spirulina, and Vitamin D3.  
I drink water and green tea.

Now for my actual skin regimen, I had to change up some things.

I've used  raw african black soap for years to clean my face.  I still use that, but now, I only use it in the mornings.  Afterwards, I use St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea oil-free Scrub.  It's pretty gentle and has salicyclic acid.  I follow that up with blotting my face with a white towel and spritzing on pure aloe vera juice.   From there, I apply my primer and foundation, etc.
When I get home from work, I use makeup removing cloths to take off my makeup.   There's two that I like:   CVS Brand  which is a knock-off of the Pond's Clean Sweep (I've used both and they work equally well) and the Target Up & Up Brand ones.
Lastly, before I get into the shower, I apply castor oil mixed with a tiny amount of tea tree oil to my face.  I massage it in really well, then I get into the shower.    Some people like to put a hot towel on their face until it gets cool, wipe, and repeat.  But I'm lazy, and I don't really like showering anyway, so I rely a lot on the steam of the shower.  I do run a white towel under hot water and wipe my face with it a few times though.
When I get out of the shower, I spritz my face with a mix of water and apple cider vinegar.  When it dries, I rub a tiny amount of shea butter between my hands and apply it to my face.

I'm not lying to you when I say that I saw an almost immediate improvement when I added the h2o + acv step.    I have a few blackheads and whiteheads, but nothing major right now.   I'm just waiting on all these spots to fade.   And don't say not to pick because I get hyperpigmentation from everything.   The skin doesn't even have to be broken.  :-(

I would post before and after pics.  But no.  lol    You'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails