Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mark Levin Interview with man that was aboard Deepwater Horizon

Unless you've been living under a rock or have been in a coma for the past two weeks, I'm sure you have at least heard about the explosion and subsequent sinking of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20th and 22nd, respectively. Eleven men missing and presumed dead. Oh, and anywhere between 1,000-5,000 barrels of crude oil spilling into the gulf. I'm not going to go into the effects that this spill can and will have...not today, at least.

I wanted to post an audio clip that my boyfriend received. My boyfriend had done work on that rig several times. He was very adamant about safety being taken seriously on there, and he doubted that human error was the cause of all of this.

Don't take his or my word for it.  On Mark Levin's radio show on April 30th, a man who asked to be called  "James," called into the show and gave his perspective of what happened the day of the explosion.  He was on the rig during that time, and had worked on the Horizon for the last three years.

He answered the first question I had when I found out that the rig was burning.   What was the ignition source?  And WHERE was it?  

Anyway, take a listen please.  There is way too much speculation going on right now, and too much blame being placed when no one knows for sure what really happened.





Interview can also be found  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails