Monday, July 4, 2011

Tag Team, back again...

So let's play catch-up.  Okay?  YAY.

For the most part, I'm still the same.  My life is still the same.  My cats still hate each other and me.

There are some new things going on.  For instance, I'm trying to embrace veganism and raw foodism.  No drastic changes, but I've stopped snacking on junk (for the most part) and now only eat raw fruits, veggies, and seeds between meals.

I'm also in the process of becoming a DONA-certified birth doula.  This is very exciting to me because I've wanted to work in childbirth since I was a senior in high school trying to figure out what I wanted to major in in college.   When I was unemployed for almost a year (that wonderful wonderful time of my life that I miss so much), I decided that I wanted to be a midwife.  Watching baby shows all day long everyday will do that to you...  But, I didn't know how to go about it.  When I did figure out how to go to school for it, I felt guilty for wanting to spend more money to go back to school.   Fast forward to now, I figure that I can become a doula and get a feel for the field.  If I find out that I'm not fit to be a medical professional, I can still be part of the support system for pregnant mothers.  So there's not really a downside to this.

I'll go into more detail about what doulas are and what they do and do not do in another post.

That's really all I have going on right now.  I got into a fender bender in Molly. *cries*  Same thing everyday.  Monotony.  No excitement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails