Thursday, July 14, 2011

Softcup. Day 4. (i think)

Well, I'll make this short and to the point.

I like the Instead Softcup, but there are a few things I don't like about it.  So I decided to order a reusable cup.  I ordered the Lunette Cynthia cup in size 2 last night.   I decided on it after finding the Menstrual Cup LiveJournal community with links to size charts and pics of several cups on the market for comparison purposes.   (There's a lot of them too.)

Here's what I liked about the Instead cups:

  • availability
  • familiarity (they've been on the market a while and many women have tried them)
  • did not leak
  • comfortable

What I didn't like?

  • disposable
  • expensive compared to a reusable cup
  • messy (could not figure out a way to remove without spilling)
  • the seal is broken whenever you bear down so you probably will leak when having a bowel movement, peeing, or passing gas...which leads to...
  • residual blood that may or may not leak onto undergarments 

I would use them again with no hesitation because they are cleaner, safer and more carefree than tampons for me.  I just think I can find something better suited for me.

(Just in case you want to check it out, I ordered the Lunette from LuneShop for $27 with free shipping.)

Sooooooo, whenever my period shows back up, I'll be reviewing the Lunette.   Actually, I'll probably do a dry-run or two when it comes in to make sure it fits okay and that I can insert and remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails