I like the Instead Softcup, but there are a few things I don't like about it. So I decided to order a reusable cup. I ordered the Lunette Cynthia cup in size 2 last night. I decided on it after finding the Menstrual Cup LiveJournal community with links to size charts and pics of several cups on the market for comparison purposes. (There's a lot of them too.)
Here's what I liked about the Instead cups:
- familiarity (they've been on the market a while and many women have tried them)
- did not leak
What I didn't like?
- expensive compared to a reusable cup
- messy (could not figure out a way to remove without spilling)
- the seal is broken whenever you bear down so you probably will leak when having a bowel movement, peeing, or passing gas...which leads to...
- residual blood that may or may not leak onto undergarments
I would use them again with no hesitation because they are cleaner, safer and more carefree than tampons for me. I just think I can find something better suited for me.
(Just in case you want to check it out, I ordered the Lunette from LuneShop for $27 with free shipping.)
Sooooooo, whenever my period shows back up, I'll be reviewing the Lunette. Actually, I'll probably do a dry-run or two when it comes in to make sure it fits okay and that I can insert and remove it.