Friday, April 9, 2010

All Oils are Created Equal? Maybe Not...

VS.













I can't say how long I've been using coconut oil on my hair and body, but three years is a good estimate.  Until this week, the only coconut oil that I had used (aside from those mixed with other oils) was the refined cooking oil made by LouAna.   Because I had nothing to compare it to, I thought that it was good just as it was and there couldn't have been that big of a difference between the refined and unrefined.

I.WAS.WRONG.

I broke down and bought some unrefined earlier this week.  The same night, I used it for an oil rinse.  This is some good stuff.   It looked different.   It felt different.  It smelled different.  I could not believe it.   My hair is STILL soft after three days...and that's after cowashing every night.  

This is not meant to discourage you from buying a refined oil.  Like I said before, the refined brand worked just fine for me all these years.  But to say that there is no difference is just wrong.

And this will be the only time I ever admit I was wrong.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails