Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm fixed.

No, I wasn't spayed, but according to my GI doctor's office, I'm pretty much fixed.  I still have problems swallowing, and honestly, there's not much more they can do about that until something more appears, but all those crazy symptoms I was having have pretty much disappeared.   The doctor was going in the right direction with the SIBO treatment apparently.

The nurse was pretty happy that I was feeling better and looking better.  She likes my weight where it is now.  I think I've gained an additional 10 pounds since my last visit.  (I'm happy, too...for I am sexy once more.)

I was told that I could wean myself off the ulcer medication.  That will be three fewer pills I have to take everyday.  But she did prescribe sub-lingual Levsin for me.  I was on this medicine before, and I didn't feel it worked at all.  Plus, it made me incredibly dry and sleepy.  I'm willing to try it again as a backup since I am being treated for the spasms now.

Anyway, I don't have to go back for another six months.  yay.

I'm happy.  Now, time to find a dermatologist so I can get rid of the rash/eczema that I have going on everywhere.  lol

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Latoya! Don't know how I missed this post, but I am so happy to hear that you're doing better! I still pray for you, every day, and will continue until you are totally well. Wishing you all the best in 2011! Cheers, cher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails